[Request] Scientist utility

For requests, ideas and general mod talk
Grimagor

[Request] Scientist utility

Post by Grimagor »

Hello everybody,

I really like the engineer mechanics in Xcom 2 (it's very similar to UFO: Afterlight) but I really miss a similar option to scientist.
Research in Xcom 2 is very easy: Thanks to inmediates autopsies, Black market's rush research and very little researchs (unlike EU/EW) you can have all weapons/armor research (or almost all) in less than 3 months.
So there are some ideas if some modder are interested:
- Reduce the number of scientist in research: Similar to proving ground you can only put a limited number of scientist to work with Tygan (one or two) to reduce the research. Aditional laboratories ad aditional researchs
- Scientist slots in AWC (for healing) and Psi lab instead of a engineer. Aditionaly you can put one (or two) scientist in the shadow chamber.
Maybe you can assign scientist to the bridge to reduce the scanning time
- More reserach options: Maybe should be nice if you must study every kind of weapons mod to install them (modular weapons allow to research this mods similar to alien biotech allow study autopsies), if you study a repeater then you can equip all repeteartes (advances and superiors too) for example. Another research option should be separate autopsies and equipment study. I don't understand why making an autopsy of a Stunt lancer and an Archon you learn who to make new swords.

Opinions?
jgbaxter

Re: [Request] Scientist utility

Post by jgbaxter »

I agree.

You will likely see more tech research with mods. And more than likely with DLC.

Also some of the research is way to quick, specifically weapons, I recall the last game I'd research tier 2 weapons and I'd been surprised at how quick that was on veteran difficulty, I felt like I wasted my weapon add-ons.

We need more alien interrogations too.

For myself I'm adding new weapons mod, armour mod, and grenade mod, which adds 15 research techs.

That's not going to be finished anytime soon, and isn't vanilla, then again, XCOM 2 isn't likely to ever be vanilla any more.
Grimagor

Post by Grimagor »

jgbaxter wrote: We need more alien interrogations too.
Putting an alien (who could know the Avenger's codes) into the Avenger could be risky.
Don't misunderstand me, I love interrogation but the reason of why not allow aliens in the Avenger is very logical.
That's why I propose the "study enemy equipment" option :)
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

Grimagor wrote:
jgbaxter wrote: We need more alien interrogations too.
Putting an alien (who could know the Avenger's codes) into the Avenger could be risky.
Don't misunderstand me, I love interrogation but the reason of why not allow aliens in the Avenger is very logical.
That's why I propose the "study enemy equipment" option :)
No more risky than putting an alien that could have possibly psionically or had physical tracker on them, inside your stationary underground base!
Grimagor

Post by Grimagor »

Looking the events you can scan, there are some who basically is an interrogation of a helpes alien/advent which give you intel.
Maybe interrogation aren't necessary in Xcom 2 aside of gaining more intel (and for this we have skullmining). I'm still thinkg should be better separate Autopsy and equipment study :ugeek: