Armor modding

For requests, ideas and general mod talk
Naethanyl

Armor modding

Post by Naethanyl »

Hey there, I was wondering if I could get some help with a mod I'm curious about creating.

I want to mod armors; More specifically, mod everything reloaded has done a lot of the work for me already.

Gameplay wise, Base armor has three slots: 1.) Plating, which confers ablative hitpoints 2.) Underlays, which confer an effect like vests 3.) Rigging, which unlocks a "pocket" on the armor, which adds an slot for a specific item type. For example, Demolitionist's Rigging adds an additional slot for a grenade. Utility Rigging adds an additional slot for a Utility item. A Weapon holster adds a slot for a side arm.

Now Powered armor like the W.A.R Suit, E.X.O Suit, Spider Armor and Ghost Armor have armor modules in addition to all these, conferring the armor like an effect like a PCS there can be certain types of modules which enhance its functionality, like Walker Servos or a Lengthened Grapnel spool which allows you to Grapnel from farther distances or in the case of heavy armor, a module which gives you an extra charge on your heavy or powered weapons. Additional modules also include the LW2 PCSs, which are going to be converted to become modules. These variants of these armors and their modules, however, are prohibitively expensive.

SPARK Chassis gets its own version of Plating and Underlays (which is called Armoring and Meshes respectively), with the exception of HAZMAT since SPARKs have immunities already, (I thought they could get a Reactive mesh which reduces explosive damage), but they have access to special "Packages" which are split into two different types: Software microkernels, which are like Normal PCS's, and hardware Packages which are basically like armor modules for regular troops (with the exception of smart macrophages and emergency life support).

What do you guys think?
SamXjones

Re: Armor modding

Post by SamXjones »

Try to look for grimy's mod (or even better, grimy's mod for LW2) on steam workshop