[Suggestion] defecting aliens? for LW2

For requests, ideas and general mod talk
That_Derpy_muton

[Suggestion] defecting aliens? for LW2

Post by That_Derpy_muton »

DON'T READ THE TOP PART ITS DUMB READ THE BOTTOM.
So hi i love long war 2 and yes i know about the playable aliens mod. But what i mean as "defecting aliens" is well rouge aliens that join xcom so basically what i am asking you LW2 devs is maybe make a much more less buggy (no offense playable aliens creator) and realistic way of getting rouge aliens for example, by the way this probably sound horrendously bad and dumb but what if um.... have you ever thought about the fact the alien rulers might not want work with advent and maybe start a rebellion just like xcom? so maybe you could possibly make an agreement with the ruler to possibly get some vipers,from the viper king,mutons and berserkers from the berseker queen and so forth. This has to be the most dumb thing i thought of at the time of writing this.

JUST READ THIS THE TOP PART IS REALLY STUPID I JUST THOUGHT OF IT FOR NO REASON.
So just like the title my suggestion in all reality was make a "professional" version of playable aliens mod because the playable aliens mod is fun in all but what if you guys the long war 2 devs make it an offical mod made by Pavonis Interactive i mean just imagine xcom sectoids with some armor for once i mean come on think of all the aliens you could have that are customizable! of course this is a huge amount of work the devs would have to do so please tell me this is a really dumb and pointless post the devs will never read but bedsides that opinions anyone? :D
sirburton

Re: [Suggestion] defecting aliens? for LW2

Post by sirburton »

That_Derpy_muton wrote:DON'T READ THE TOP PART ITS DUMB READ THE BOTTOM.
So hi i love long war 2 and yes i know about the playable aliens mod. But what i mean as "defecting aliens" is well rouge aliens that join xcom so basically what i am asking you LW2 devs is maybe make a much more less buggy (no offense playable aliens creator) and realistic way of getting rouge aliens for example, by the way this probably sound horrendously bad and dumb but what if um.... have you ever thought about the fact the alien rulers might not want work with advent and maybe start a rebellion just like xcom? so maybe you could possibly make an agreement with the ruler to possibly get some vipers,from the viper king,mutons and berserkers from the berseker queen and so forth. This has to be the most dumb thing i thought of at the time of writing this.

JUST READ THIS THE TOP PART IS REALLY STUPID I JUST THOUGHT OF IT FOR NO REASON.
So just like the title my suggestion in all reality was make a "professional" version of playable aliens mod because the playable aliens mod is fun in all but what if you guys the long war 2 devs make it an offical mod made by Pavonis Interactive i mean just imagine xcom sectoids with some armor for once i mean come on think of all the aliens you could have that are customizable! of course this is a huge amount of work the devs would have to do so please tell me this is a really dumb and pointless post the devs will never read but bedsides that opinions anyone? :D
This would be totally lore-unfriendly to me. Why would the invading forces (also mentally manipulated) defect?
The most " " realistic " " thing you could do, is to ask for an alien overhaul pack that uses different kind of aliens from the advent ones.
Some new mod that could be named "New Allies" featuring the (already existing) krogan and turian mods, describing these two species as contrary to the advent invasion thus aiming to cooperate with humans to defeat Advent
My Fearless Xcoms! --> Here
warbrand2

Re: [Suggestion] defecting aliens? for LW2

Post by warbrand2 »

well when looking at the new expansion that was anounced it looks like atleast in canon the advant troopers candefect. cause their is one in xcom armor in that trailer.