Cannot see ScriptLog outputs

For technical discussions and help
lyravega

Cannot see ScriptLog outputs

Post by lyravega »

Ok, I am still banging my head to my screen about my mod. Decided to try a very simple thing.

-First thing I did is, I enabled logs and such for the normal game, so I can see the ScriptLog stuff in the log file.
-Then I installed and enabled OfficerPack.
-Then I enabled my mod.

I am using same logging techniques (`log `Log etc... don't know if they're the same, logic dictates that they are not), but I don't see any logs related to my mod at all. I can see OfficerPack stuff, but nothing related to my mod at all.

However, if I run debug via ModBuddy, I can see the output of my mod. So, all this time, maybe it was this thing. I have no idea what is causing this. Any clues? What am I doing wrong? I am really getting more and more frustrated...
lyravega

Re: Cannot see ScriptLog outputs

Post by lyravega »

Tried a few more stuff, like removing something on the UI. I am using a UIListener, removing stuff on the UI (which I am 99% sure the correct stuff), but as long as I am not debugging, nothing works.
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

I suppose I should say something obligatory like "That's X-COM modding, baby!" ....

More practically, if you are doing stuff that mods the proving grounds, I'd probably set up a UIScreenListener to listen to the relevent UIScreen. That's what I ended up doing for the extra officer soldier staff slot for the officer mod ... I hooked my UIScreenListener up to UIFacility_Academy, and made sure that all of the templates were up-to-date when the user entered the UI.
lyravega

Post by lyravega »

Yep, yep I understand that but... Why doesn't anything work? I mean what I'm trying to do is, testing if mod works or not. So, I remove something from the UI. It is not related to a facility, or another change - the only change is me removing an UI element to see if the mod works or not.

As long as I am debugging, it works. When I'm not debugging, it doesn't. Why does it remove the UI element when I am debugging only?

Oh by the way, found a tiny little bug with the officer pack. Since the OnLoadedSaveGame() is called via the UIScreen_Academy, template won't be updated if you skip it and go directly to build facility via Engineering. The upgrade button won't be there as long as you don't go into the OTS itself :) I've been trying to use UIScreen_FacilityGrid to re-register my template. But since I am getting weird problems, like mods not working at all outside debug mode, I wasn't able to progress much, but it may help you in this little bug's case perhaps?
lyravega

Post by lyravega »

I've done what I should've done long ago. Started a new project.

This time, everything seems to be working fine. I am sleepy though, maybe my brain is playing me tricks to get me a good night's sleep. Kidding aside, I still have no idea why it wasn't working before.

Now I am trying to find a way to use the old GUID - if this thing is really working now, I need to push an update using the old GUID and stuff. I hope a simple copy-paste will suffice... Anyway, I'll devote all my day tomorrow to test this, if I have spare time from my FO4 and Dying Light mods.

Thanks for all the cheese and help Amineri.