Issues with increasing ammo/Long War 2

For technical discussions and help
Ogarious

Issues with increasing ammo/Long War 2

Post by Ogarious »

Ok, here's a strange problem. I increased the ammo for the weapons in Long War 2. I mean really, whoever heard of a gun with 3 shots in it.....Ok, 9 shots for the assault rifle, but really. AR clips only hold 9 rounds!? Anyways....

So I increased the ammo clip from 3 to 10. But here's the kicker. Whenever I start a mission, it has a ammo max of 10, but only 3 rounds in the first clip starting the mission.

Have I missed something in the XcomGameData_WeaponData.ini? If so, what? Could it be because there are now 2 Weapondata.ini files because of the Long War 2 mod? I went and changed the ammo to 10 in both files and still am having the same problem. Using the Xcom Dev tools program for it also....So could that have something to do with it?
Ogarious

Re: Issues with increasing ammo/Long War 2

Post by Ogarious »

Just a little update on this. Since I originally posted this I have noticed something. This issue is only with the Longwar base classes. I added the Necromancer class to the game and on a mission with a Necro along with several other classes, only the necro started out with a full clip.

I looked through the files connected with class information but nothing jumped out to me concerning how only those classes ammo was not affected by the changes I made. Very strange, there is a piece of the puzzle I just haven't figured out yet.

And this is even MORE strange. Going 2 more missions in and now all of my characters have full ammo at the start of the mission, not just the Necromancer.
I am going to start a new game and see what happens. Bare with me a minute, I kinda like doing this in real time, that way if someone else has a similar situation they might be able to learn from this.

Yep, started a new game and everything worked perfectly. Only thing I can think of is that I saved a game, made the change and then reloaded that save, the change then wouldnt take effect until the next time a new combat mission started, therefor even though I had a ammo clip that had say, room for 10 rounds in it....It would only start with the 3 because of what was happening prior to my changing the values. Anyways, it's working. Oh, and hi folks. New to the forums, I've been modding games going all the way back to the Apple 2e days. First game I even changed things in was a little game called EAMON. I've played around in dozens of different games, both Star Trek Armada games, some modding for MoO (Master of Orion series), etc. Played around a bit with Fallout 4 as well. I love that game. Also love Xcom though, and am hoping to learn the ropes. To me making mods and adjusting the game to my liking can be as much fun as playing it. Especially considering how Xcom soldiers shoot like Stormtroopers.