.INI modder

For technical discussions and help
Harnisch

.INI modder

Post by Harnisch »

As modder of .ini files of previous xcom I am already familiar with some of the files on the new game but obviously you have more experience than me and I have a question on how effectively mod initial founds for example. I tried to simply modify the initial value on the gamecore file but it doesn't work. It's the right way to proceed? What I must know to modify successfully the new .INI files?
Harnisch

Re: .INI modder

Post by Harnisch »

I finally made it, they moved the .INI files on the game documents folder.
Amineri

Re: .INI modder

Post by Amineri »

Harnisch wrote:I finally made it, they moved the .INI files on the game documents folder.
Yes, this all has to do with underlying things about how Unreal Engine works. Since steam is often in the program folder (locked by system/protected by virus checker/etc), a lot of stuff ends up in the My Games folders.

When XCOM 2 is launched, it looks for appropriate config files in various places (such as the game's mods folder, for manually installed mods), and then merges those with the "Default" versions found in the game's root Config folder.

Good info about the ini merging process can be found here : https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ConfigurationFiles.html