Rewarding supplies for alien kills and quick missions

For technical discussions and help
lilyophelia

Rewarding supplies for alien kills and quick missions

Post by lilyophelia »

I'm pretty familiar with mods and how they work now. I am familiar with programming, but I haven't done any scripting so far when it comes to Xcom modding.

One thing I'd love to try to work out is some way of modding in bonus supplies under the following two conditions:

1. Each alien kill has a chance to reward one supply (kind of like the Officer collector perk)

and....

2. Completing missions before certain turn thresholds rewards bonus supplies.

---

My question is:

Do you have any suggestions on where to start working on these mods, or examples that might be copied/adapted?

Thanks a bunch!
totallynotafaceless

Re: Rewarding supplies for alien kills and quick missions

Post by totallynotafaceless »

I do not know about the turn thresholds, but the alien drops would be stored in XComGameCore.ini under LootTables section. You can add stuff after the corpses by Loots[n]=(Chance=100,MinCount=1,MaxCount=1,TemplateName="templatename",RollGroup=y), where n is number of loots after it and y is which items are exclusive with this one (so only one from each loot group is selected). However, I think this only would work on lootablemissions, so I do not know if this helps. The Collector perk code is stored on the src folder of Long War, in the officerPack subfolder.