missing weapon modules and or ammo types on tactical missions

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
Lestat427

missing weapon modules and or ammo types on tactical missions

Post by Lestat427 »

on avenger soldier load out screen before a combat mission I equip all soldiers guns with repeaters , scopes , and such as well as different ammo types ( dragon , venom , AP - whatever ). but when mission starts I found a random number of troops would always be bounced back to basic stock weapons with no modules or ammo attached. Sometimes it would even downgrade from say a gauss type to a basic bullet type ( say gauss sniper rifle to a regular sniper ).
This lead to several soldier deaths over many missions because key personnel lost their " modified " guns at crucial times.

This problem threw me a loop for a while because at first I thought it was random because it was happening to different soldiers, however, over time I figured out it is the long war tool box mod.
when you set the number of troops past 6 - even after GTS upgrades, the toolbox will let you select the extra troops on load out screen and even allow you the ammo and gun selections. But when mission begins, any troops that were in the second row ( past the first 6 ) will be bounced back to plain Jane weapons with no modifications.

I hope long war studios can fix this little problem so I wont have to go back to editing the . InI files by hand and dismissing any troops that will mess up a chosen troop deployment makeup once a squad of eight ( my chosen number ) has been established due to ranks changing all the time and the game by default just adding the troops by rank to a mission when using more than 6
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: missing weapon modules and or ammo types on tactical missions

Post by johnnylump »

Thanks for the outpoint. We have a fix for this, just haven't uploaded yet.