Leader mod suggestion

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
yceman

Leader mod suggestion

Post by yceman »

First of all, i want to say hello and congrats for your hard work with the Long War mod and the ones for XCOM 2.

Regarding the Leader mod, i was thinking if it is possible to retrain an already learned Leader ability by spending another 10 days in the Guerilla Tactics School? There are a few abilities i would gladly take in early-game (like the intel one or +5 def) and switch to others in late game.

Also i want to point out something: I saw many people complaining about not being able to pause the leader training to use the soldiers, but actually i think it balances the game. For psi with that extensive training, it works quite well, cause otherwise you wouldnt be able to fully train and use them in a playthrough. For leaders, since you only take a leader per mission anyway, i dont see a problem using one soldier/leader and training another in the meantime for 10 days and so on.

Since i've read that the leader training works by extending the rookie training, i know it will be a pain to rewrite the code and as i said before, i think it is quite balanced now. But adding a few more lines to be able to change a learned ability, by putting the leader in the GTS for another 10 days shouldnt be that much of a pain.
Amineri

Re: Leader mod suggestion

Post by Amineri »

It's an interesting concept. In EW, the genemods sort of worked in a similar way, in that you could remove on and "install" the other one (at cost of time/money/meld).

I'm not sure if we'll be making significant gameplay changes to the leader mod at this point, although JL may decide to do so :)