Co-op mod?

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
Sithduke

Co-op mod?

Post by Sithduke »

I've just made an account to ask why there's no mention of the co-op mod for XCOM 2? I read LWS were working on it.

It's mentioned here: http://www.idigitaltimes.com/xcom-2-co- ... ers-504011
fowlJ

Re: Co-op mod?

Post by fowlJ »

Like it says in that article, the people who say they are working on that call themselves (and their mod) 'Dragonpunk' - it isn't LWS, and despite some very ambitious claims made by them around November, I haven't actually heard anything about them post-release, so no idea if they are still working on it.

Edit: Ah, it appears they have a twitter. The first of their mods is apparently nearing release.
Sithduke

Post by Sithduke »

That's kind of sad, I was quite reassured by the fact it was LWS working on the project. It's literally the only mod I've been looking forward to and it's part of the reason I bought the game. The multi player doesn't seem as fun this time around, I was hoping a co-op mod would do it justice. Hopefully they're still working on it.

Thanks for the reply!
DoorKicker

Post by DoorKicker »

I always thought that enabling co-op in a single player campaign via a "distress beacon" reinforcement mechanic would have been an interesting way to bridge the multiplayer experience without requiring an excessive amount of development. ADVENT already calls in backup, why couldn't the player? In terms of story, you could simply say there are other resistance movements on the planet and occasionally they manage to provide assistance to one another...

Or you could create new, larger events that would be coop from the start. Super blacksite facilities or the like.

You'd need a server to handle the matchmaking, filter and populate requests on the geoscape. Mission rewards would nee to be appropriate.
fiasco12

Post by fiasco12 »

Do you think it possible/feasible to create a Co-Op mod where your squad could be split into 2+ fire teams, with a player taking control of a fire team or specific characters?