[ Mod idea ] Random Alien formation and squad size

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
hkwh01

[ Mod idea ] Random Alien formation and squad size

Post by hkwh01 »

Usually advent stick with mec , stun lancer , muton stick with other muton or berserker , I hope there is a mod about random alien formation and squad numbers , not always 3 , but maybe 3-5
Yzaxtol

Re: [ Mod idea ] Random Alien formation and squad size

Post by Yzaxtol »

All this informaiton is in XComGameMissions.ini where it defines what kind of enemies you can face from the characters that have been created and in their stats, given spawn rates.

I've already created custom templates like MECx4 , which pulls from all the mechanised units and only uses those and attached that to a third of all guireila missions, so when you start getting 3 mission options atleast 1 is going to be completely covered in MECs/Sectopods.

Which had me create a new Mec MEC_M0 which is a smaller, weaker, blue version of the White MEC so as not to overkill people.

What you are proposing is to simply go through all the missions and change the pre-defined or ADVENT templates all to OPEN allowing all creatures to spawn in every mission.

You might also want to add +SupportedFollower=XXX in XComGame_CharacterStats so that they are allowed to spawn under different leaders.

Also if you want true randomness let all aliens allow to be spawned between force levels 1 and 20 for crazy results. An Advent Trooper with a pet Sectopod comes to mind on the first mission.