Renaming LW Perk Pack perks (and using vanilla perk selection screen)

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
Sentenryu

Renaming LW Perk Pack perks (and using vanilla perk selection screen)

Post by Sentenryu »

This question is a bit strange, but I want to rename some of the perks from the perk pack using the localization file from my own "personal mod".

Now, that sounds strange, but what I call my "personal mod" is a collection of INI edits I've on my mod's folder that is kept there to keep steam from overriding my changes when a mod updates, following a tutorial by grimy bunyip on imgur that I can't seen to find anymore.

I made my own classes using the perk pack and got their localizations to work, now I wanted to rename "Walk Fire" to "Disabling Shot" (I got this mod for the effect: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =705028155), I tried the following iterations on my XComGame.int file, none of which worked:

Code: Select all

[WalkFire X2AbilityTemplate]
LocFriendlyName="Disabling Shot"
LocFlyOverText="Disabling Shot"
LocLongDescription="Take a highly accurate shot with +30 bonus to hit but for 20% damage and -30 crit. If the shot hits, the enemy weapon is disabled until a reload. Uses 2 ammo."
LocHelpText="Special shot: +30 aim, -30 crit, 20% damage, disables enemy weapon, uses 2 ammo."
LocPromotionPopupText="<Bullet/> This is a special shot in which the soldier aims for the enemy weapon, conferring +30 aim and -30 crit and doing 20% damage, but disabling the weapon until the enemy can reload.<br/><Bullet/> Consumes <Ability:SelfAmmoCost/> ammo.<br/><Bullet/> Usable once every <Ability:SelfCooldown/> turns.<br/><Bullet/> Requires a burst-fire weapon; ability will not be available when a shotgun or sniper rifle is equipped as a primary weapon."

[XComGame.WalkFire X2AbilityTemplate]
LocLongDescription="Take a highly accurate shot with +30 bonus to hit but for 20% damage and -30 crit. If the shot hits, the enemy weapon is disabled until a reload. Uses 2 ammo."
LocHelpText="Special shot: +30 aim, -30 crit, 20% damage, disables enemy weapon, uses 2 ammo."
LocPromotionPopupText="<Bullet/> This is a special shot in which the soldier aims for the enemy weapon, conferring +30 aim and -30 crit and doing 20% damage, but disabling the weapon until the enemy can reload.<br/><Bullet/> Consumes <Ability:SelfAmmoCost/> ammo.<br/><Bullet/> Usable once every <Ability:SelfCooldown/> turns.<br/><Bullet/> Requires a burst-fire weapon; ability will not be available when a shotgun or sniper rifle is equipped as a primary weapon."

[X2Ability_PerkPackAbilitySet.WalkFire X2AbilityTemplate]

[XComGame.WalkFire X2AbilityTemplate]
!LocFriendlyName
!LocFlyOverText
!LocLongDescription
!LocHelpText
!LocPromotionPopupText
+LocFriendlyName="Disabling Shot"
+LocFlyOverText="Disabling Shot"
+LocLongDescription="Take a highly accurate shot with +30 bonus to hit but for 20% damage and -30 crit. If the shot hits, the enemy weapon is disabled until a reload. Uses 2 ammo."
+LocHelpText="Special shot: +30 aim, -30 crit, 20% damage, disables enemy weapon, uses 2 ammo."
+LocPromotionPopupText="<Bullet/> This is a special shot in which the soldier aims for the enemy weapon, conferring +30 aim and -30 crit and doing 20% damage, but disabling the weapon until the enemy can reload.<br/><Bullet/> Consumes <Ability:SelfAmmoCost/> ammo.<br/><Bullet/> Usable once every <Ability:SelfCooldown/> turns.<br/><Bullet/> Requires a burst-fire weapon; ability will not be available when a shotgun or sniper rifle is equipped as a primary weapon."

am I missing something?

Also, the config:

[LW_PerkPack.UIArmory_MainMenu_LW]
bUse2WideAbilityTree=true

does not seen to be working, I always get the 3 wide tree from the mod.