Pure Virtual function being called while Application was running (GlsRunning ==1)

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
Siven80

Re: Pure Virtual function being called while Application was running (GlsRunning ==1)

Post by Siven80 »

johnnylump wrote:Can you be more specific? Was it a tactical save or a strat save? Did you previously have the Centurion mod installed for that campaign? Was there possibly a Centurion on that particular mission if it was a tac save? Did you run troubleshooting steps like cleaning ini files? Do you have a bunch of other mods loaded?
Just finished a mission and saved the game on the strategy layer. Exited the game to get food. Alien pack updated. Went to load the save game and it crashed with said error.

Strategy layer save right after a mission.
Had the Centurion mod installed.
Was a centurion on previous mission.
Tried cleaning ini files.
55 mods installed, no conflicts previously. Collection: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =735818869
Never had the error before. Actually dont think its ever crashed before.

Hope it helps.
Dont know 100% if it is the mod, removing the mod and loading the save game still results in the crash, maybe its just one of those things.

Only just unlocked Predator armor, so starting a new game isnt too bad.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Pure Virtual function being called while Application was running (GlsRunning ==1)

Post by johnnylump »

What I recommend you try is uninstalling/unsubscribing from the mod, getting v1 of the Muton Centurion mod on the Nexus (the original release version), installing it and checking it in your mod options menu, and then attempt to continue.

Also, if you could post your save somewhere or email it to me, I'd appreciate it.
Malhorme

Post by Malhorme »

Hi

Got exactly the same.
Game worked fine yesterday 4th. Updated to Alien pack. Crash to desktop when I load previous game.
Error message: "Pure virtual function etc..."
I unselected Alienmod: still CTD
I unsusbribde : still the CTD
I dowloaded the V1 of Nexus and installed it : Still CTD

Have not tried a new game yet.

Would you need a save?
Thanks for your great work anyway, I so much appreciate everything you publish.

M
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

We have a hotfix live that we think handles this.
Malhorme

Post by Malhorme »

johnnylump wrote:We have a hotfix live that we think handles this.
And it works!

Updated through the steam version, launched and could load my game.

Thank you!!
xRg14

Post by xRg14 »

Good day.

I have this problem on a first mission of Allien Kings (Frozen Viper). Mission not finish.
Install latest LWtoolbox (version 7), but proplem not solved.

My mod list:
LW_lazerpack
LW_perkpack
LW_smgpack
LW_toolbox
slower Avatar progression
disable timers
experimental item unlock
extra weapon slot

Game log:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6sdUI ... sp=sharing

Sorry for my English.
kaniada

Post by kaniada »

How do I disable the alien mod without getting this error? I had zero crashes until the centurion mod updated to the alien mod. I don't want to play with this mod anymore but if I disable it I get this crash error frequently.
Mordobb

Post by Mordobb »

Hum there s no update on the Steam workshop or this update is only present on nexusmod.
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

@Morodobb - There was an update on 7 Aug @ 7:16 PM PDT.

One of our internal testers did note that workshop seems to be having trouble for them, and had to unsub and resub in order to get a mod to refresh -- not sure what's going on there.
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

kaniada wrote:How do I disable the alien mod without getting this error? I had zero crashes until the centurion mod updated to the alien mod. I don't want to play with this mod anymore but if I disable it I get this crash error frequently.
It's really quite unclear to me why this is occuring, since the mod for the most part is just code templates, and loading with missing template shouldn't be a problem, but it isn't. I believe Firaxis is looking into why such a missing alien content mod should cause such problems, but I have no ETA on when a fix might be available.
kaniada

Post by kaniada »

Is there a chance that we could get a config file release that had all the new enemy weights set to 99 to use in the mean time? I'm not sure which spots to edit in the mod's config file to make it so that all new content would be disabled.
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

Why don't you roll back to v1 and go with the Centurion only?