XCOM 2 SDK

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
Drakous79

XCOM 2 SDK

Post by Drakous79 »

So I saw Leading the Resistance: A Talk on XCOM 2 Design and Setting - Firaxicon 2015 video johnnylump pointed me to.
21:35 is the time guys from Firaxis start to talk about game's modding support.

What we are going to get through Steam Workshop is:
  • Visual Studio isolated shell app that can build mod projects
  • Unreal editor
  • Scripts source
  • 50 GB of game assests
Thank you Firaxis :)

I'm looking forward new experience. 50 GB of assets is so much to play with and I can see thousands of mods created with the SDK it in the future.

Maybe one day such SDK could be released for EU/EW as well.

Can't wait to see how mods are handled with Steam. Or what happens, when 2 mods adjust the same script. Wasteland Ghost talked about some script joiner they have for Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, but didn't get into details.

Edit: Just to quote a part of XCOM EU/EW modding history
Ryan McFall: ... glad they are making mods and not hacking our credit cards.
Wargate

Re: XCOM 2 SDK

Post by Wargate »

Mods are the most exciting inclusion into XCom2 by far...it means that the game will live on for years after this! Possibilities are endless and as someone who still plays EU94 I'm stoked!!!
RedTieGuy

Re: XCOM 2 SDK

Post by RedTieGuy »

Even though I'm sure we'll see an expansion of Xcom2 (I mean you sort of get one with the Deluxe Edition), I cannot wait to see all the exciting ideas and throwbacks to older Xcom games. I've got a couple of concepts in the works but first will have to see how the modding works on Xcom2 and what exactly I can and cannot modify. Sadly coding isn't my strong side :(
- The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams -