LWS announces partnership with Firaxis and 2K Games for release-day XCOM 2 mods

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: LWS announces partnership with Firaxis and 2K Games for release-day XCOM 2 mods

Post by johnnylump »

Thanks y'all! As for more mods ... we'll see. We'll certainly be around to answer questions on the tools and help the community get rolling.
thebritwriter

Re: LWS announces partnership with Firaxis and 2K Games for release-day XCOM 2 mods

Post by thebritwriter »

You guys have done well, and the mods on offer do look promising, including the muton one, which I have to ask does that mean were more able to customize and design our own enemies and upload them on a 'alien pool' as well? it would be great if that was the case as I do have a character in mind I like to include. Though modding is not my strongpoint.

Either way you guys have done great, adding more worthwhile value to the upcoming game.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

There isn't an alien "pool" that works mechanically like the character pool does, but you can make your own aliens and have them fight in campaigns -- when our mod is distributed, it will show what's necessary to make that happen.
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

johnnylump wrote:There isn't an alien "pool" that works mechanically like the character pool does, but you can make your own aliens and have them fight in campaigns -- when our mod is distributed, it will show what's necessary to make that happen.
So... Theoretically... We could edit the "Snek" to be on our side? XCOM 2:Snek Waifu Simulator?
Holland_NL

Post by Holland_NL »

Knowing that the Long War Studios team is going to be involved with xcom 2 is the only reason I bought the game! You guys are blossoming talent and I look forward to enjoying your awesome creations! Go Long War Studios! :D