Mods Not Working

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
roughneckrecruit

Mods Not Working

Post by roughneckrecruit »

Firstly, I just want to mention that I absolutely love the long war for enemy unknown/within. It's amazing, it's killed many soldiers of mine and I've successfully fought many battles using the mod and I can't get enough of it. I'm a supporter of Longwarstudios through and through. Although, admittedly I'm not the smartest tech person and I considered myself lucky that I was able to figure out how to install the old school long war mods on my Mac.

X-Com 2 seems to be a completely different beast though, and I can't get any mods working using the steam workshop. I select subscribe, and then I add the items to my collection, and as far as I know these are the only steps required? There is no option in steam to download the actual files and move them places, so I'm kind of confused there because I'm unfamiliar with it. Upon startup the mods show up in my list of playable mods, but when I select them they don't appear in the game. I've tried restarting campaigns, using less mods, and even using only one mod at a time to try and figure out if any of them work or if certain other mods are not compatible...But no luck.

I've since resorted to go back to the methods of old: Using Nexus to manually download and place these files into the right location, but even when I do this the mods don't seem to show up...Am I doing something wrong? Are there any Mac users that have figured this out and can perhaps walk me through this process? Any help or feedback would be immensely appreciated.
Kel81

Re: Mods Not Working

Post by Kel81 »

This reddit thread seems to have solved the issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/ ... s_on_mac/?
roughneckrecruit

Re: Mods Not Working

Post by roughneckrecruit »

Kel81, Thankyou -so- much. The mods work now and they're actually really easy to use now that I know how to do it manually. Now I can kill em dead....Or die trying.

Seriously, you are my hero of the day.