SMG mod not working

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
MikerofWorlds

SMG mod not working

Post by MikerofWorlds »

So, I've subscribed to the SMG mod, activated it in the mod manager, and still I have no SMGs available to my poor troops. I've tried starting a new game. Tried restarting my computer. Nothing seems to work. I've spent hours now jumping through hoops trying to get it to work. If you can, please help.
jgbaxter

Re: SMG mod not working

Post by jgbaxter »

Random thought ... :)

Did you check the box when you get to the load screen to use that mod?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

I assume you're going through the Steam Workshop? I'm afraid that process is automated and we don't have to do anything for it to install as long as the mod is constructed correctly (which it is, given almost everyone has gotten it to work). If you're setting LW_SMGPack in the launcher, then it's installed, and I have no idea why the guns aren't available ingame (the SMGs should appear in the equip menu.) Do you have an atypical Steam installation (like on multiple drives) ?
BenV

Post by BenV »

I believe I am running into a similar problem. I have all 3 mods installed through Steam Workshop, and started a campaign on my Mac (OSX 10.11.13), and didn't really notice if the mods were enabled or not since I had just started. I then installed the game on my PC and made a little more progress (using Steam cloud sync). When I came back to my OSX machine and tried to load the save, I get an error:

I double checked that the mods are enabled when I launch the game, and when I load one of my previous saves (not from the PC) the SMG is not available. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help debug or provide any more information. Thanks for all your hard work!
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

There may be an issue with crossing saves from modded campaigns from Macs to PCs and back, but that's outside of our ability to troubleshoot, as it's in how the games handle mods, not the mods themselves, so I'd recommend you send in a support ticket to 2K. One player has said using Nexus' versions of the mods on the Mac, rather than Steam's, might resolve this issue.
MikerofWorlds

Post by MikerofWorlds »

johnnylump wrote:I assume you're going through the Steam Workshop? I'm afraid that process is automated and we don't have to do anything for it to install as long as the mod is constructed correctly (which it is, given almost everyone has gotten it to work). If you're setting LW_SMGPack in the launcher, then it's installed, and I have no idea why the guns aren't available ingame (the SMGs should appear in the equip menu.) Do you have an atypical Steam installation (like on multiple drives) ?
Yes, I'm going through the Steam Workshop. I have no atypical Steam installation. And yes, I've clicked all of the mods to 'green' in the workshop launcher.
materry

Post by materry »

So I have not changed computers, but I did attempt to change graphics cards. Now none of the original mods (SMG, Leader, Muton Centurion Alien) are found and it's preventing me from loading my saved games. I'm still subscribed to all of them. What gives?
MrOtakuGamer6

Post by MrOtakuGamer6 »

materry wrote:So I have not changed computers, but I did attempt to change graphics cards. Now none of the original mods (SMG, Leader, Muton Centurion Alien) are found and it's preventing me from loading my saved games. I'm still subscribed to all of them. What gives?
Oh, you're screwed man. I replaced the disk drive on my computer in EW -- EW wasn't even on it -- and it stopped my old save from working. And I had just got plasma weapons on it too.