New Mod's wishlist ?

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
assvas

New Mod's wishlist ?

Post by assvas »

Hello,

Can you organize a thread were people could post their ideas with stuff they would be nice to have in your mods?

Exporting your soldiers names from previous x-com games
Importing them to later x-com titles
Importing social media information / friends names (e.g facebook) to name your soldiers / nationalities / race etc.

e.g I would really love to see firaxis auto-importing mysoldier list from xcom enemy within , getting them older (grey hair etc) , creating few cutscenes with a storyline following end of previous xcom , couple deaths for most of them and letting few live into the new game.
shevanoquam

Re: New Mod's wishlist ?

Post by shevanoquam »

Well, I'd like to be able to capture enemy aliens to use them in my army.

I still haven't started the game (still downloading), but this is on my wishlist for a long time. In X-Com 1, it would have been:
- You must have captured and interrogated a specific enemy
- You need to mind control it
- Then use the "taser" on the mind controlled alien

It takes 2 weeks with a certain chance of failure (similar to the PSI-test) and certain aliens are not "recruit-able" (like the Etherer), but for example Mutons (who are oppressed by their 'masters' and only want to fight) could be recruited.

I guess, if we could adapt those requirements to fit into the XCom 2 scenery, it would be a great add-on, that would certainly expand the end-game experience.
Captured aliens should be like normal soliders with maybe a couple more HP (like for Mutons) and one or two additional base-abilities to have it still balanced, other than that, they start a "normal" solider path of training.

And of course: This is just a suggestion, feel free to adapt it. :)
Hunter1000

Post by Hunter1000 »

Can u guys plz ADD Russian-voices from XCOM:EU to XCOM2 plz? Cause Xcom:EU have fine Russian voice acting, (iam from russia and i know it :D ). Iam sure ppl would be greatfull to u. THX
Rhadamanthus

Post by Rhadamanthus »

How about a legendary weapons mod. Weapons you can find in the field that can have 3 or more mods to them but are not able to be changed. (That means no changes even skins are fixed) and maybe a way to make your own weapons like with character pool maker.
Caine2112

Post by Caine2112 »

To add to Hunter1000's suggestion, I would go further and add a whole bunch of voice acting from various languages. Russian and Polish are already in the first XCOM, so add those into XCOM 2, then add other languages such as Portuguese, Mandarin, Japanese, Swahili, Farsi, Danish, Dutch, Greek, Czech, Swedish, Norwegian, Punjabi, etc.

Although I myself don't understand any of these languages, I really enjoy hearing my soldiers speaking in their native tongues, instead of being American 1-10 and all the voices sound the same.
KromaZone

Post by KromaZone »

Anyone remember the very first xcom games? the MP and HP (movement points and hit points) would love this to be implemented into the Xcom 2 game. Dont get me wrong i think XCOM2 is fantastic but like XCOM it has the two movement system which i hate :-( why not have movement points in this game? so you are not restricted to moving then shooting or whatever, at least you can move, shoot, move, shoot, reload, get in cover, ect ect until the movement points are out!!! the movement points can also get higher the better your soldier becomes. Anyone else feel this way about the game?
Chonsu

Post by Chonsu »

Hi :)

like most people here I am a long-time Long War fan. Really love it and have to admit, as great as XCom 2 is, it feels..."incomplete" without the possibilities of the old Long War for XCom 1. Really hope, you will add a similar mod as Long War to XCom 2. Maybe under the title someone metioned before .... Long Resistance :D

Keep up the great work and I will keep my eyes open for Terra Invicta ;)
Chonsu

Post by Chonsu »

Caine2112 wrote:To add to Hunter1000's suggestion, I would go further and add a whole bunch of voice acting from various languages. Russian and Polish are already in the first XCOM, so add those into XCOM 2, then add other languages such as Portuguese, Mandarin, Japanese, Swahili, Farsi, Danish, Dutch, Greek, Czech, Swedish, Norwegian, Punjabi, etc.

Although I myself don't understand any of these languages, I really enjoy hearing my soldiers speaking in their native tongues, instead of being American 1-10 and all the voices sound the same.

Agree! :D
Boraxx

Post by Boraxx »

A damage state mod would be great to have.
Its odd that we can remove the health bar, but it would be more immersive when we instead of seeing the actual health points and armour, we can see damage states on the aliens, and possibly our own squad
Boraxx

Post by Boraxx »

An ammo mod.
We can currently reload infinately, where-as grenades are onetime use only, but the ship carries an apparent infinite amount.

I would love to see an option where each squad member can carry X amount of ammo/cartridges/energycells/rockets

Despite the alien's weapons being genetically bound, we could still restock on ammo by taking energycells from their weapon.
Also some squad members can share ammo
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

Not sure about the limited ammo. Sure it's possible to run out IRL but not likely in most situations, a rifleman has 5 magazines normally, in Xcom that's 20 shots, with each Xcom shot being roughly equal to 7-8 rounds. I'd probably go out on a limb and say that compared to RL that would be 15-50 bursts.
MrOtakuGamer6

Post by MrOtakuGamer6 »

Here's what I want to see.
A supersoldier Advent that turns into a fully healed Faceless when down to 1 HP and has the abilities of the Berserker from EU.
Because I want more punishment.
For even more pain, make it have some Psi-Panic and Lance and call it a Minireal.
earthwulf

Post by earthwulf »

Stealth Mission Mod: Mission doesn't fail if you complete it while in stealth; also hacker doesn't auto-reveal post-hack.

I just had a mission where I needed to recover some data. I carefully made my squad's way over to the hack point, avoiding the patrols... hacked in... and BOOM! Revealed! I dropped an evac point made it out, but not before every pod on the map was surrounding us. I feel lucky I only had two gravely wounded soldiers in that instance.

Then I was told that I'd failed the mission. What?!? I got your damned genetic data!
stabby89

Post by stabby89 »

Add silencers so that you can ambush and take down groups of enemies without being revealed. It could be balanced so that if you take down then within view if others it'd be revealed. Also, if one gets away it'd cause a reveal. I like the conceal addition, but wish it were possible to play it more stealthy.
roughneckrecruit

Post by roughneckrecruit »

Well, I think this has probably been said before but I would love to use Mecs again like in the old long war game, as game-breaking as that would be. I just miss the days of old having mec troopers and all.

Additionally, I know it's a really silly request but I was wondering if there was a way to add the old x-com enemy within music to the game's music selection pool. I would love to hear some of the old jams when things heat up occasionally.
roughneckrecruit

Also, I've noticed something that bothers me a little but its really simple and probably an easy fix, but I know nothing about modding, so...yeah.

I miss the old button in the game before missions start to "make weapons available." This helps a lot because it takes the weapons off soldiers who are hurt or training and makes them available, which the game doesn't do automatically. With the addition of weapon upgrades this is really something that would greatly enhance gameplay and save a lot of time.
Grimagor

Post by Grimagor »

I think we have the general subforum for this:
"General Discussion"
For requests, ideas and general mod talk

BTW +1 to the "make all primary weapons available" button :D
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

MrOtakuGamer6 wrote:Here's what I want to see.
A supersoldier Advent that turns into a fully healed Faceless when down to 1 HP and has the abilities of the Berserker from EU.
For even more pain, make it have some Psi-Panic and Lance and call it a Minireal.
and when the faceless dies it explodes into 9 crys hatcheries (who doesn't like zerg?!). :lol:
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

roughneckrecruit wrote:Also, I've noticed something that bothers me a little but its really simple and probably an easy fix, but I know nothing about modding, so...yeah.

I miss the old button in the game before missions start to "make weapons available." This helps a lot because it takes the weapons off soldiers who are hurt or training and makes them available, which the game doesn't do automatically. With the addition of weapon upgrades this is really something that would greatly enhance gameplay and save a lot of time.
iirc there's a mod for that, or at least it does that for weapons with modded slots.
MrOtakuGamer6

Post by MrOtakuGamer6 »

jgbaxter wrote:
MrOtakuGamer6 wrote:Here's what I want to see.
and when the faceless dies it explodes into 9 crys hatcheries (who doesn't like zerg?!). :lol:
And all the Beserkers become enraged.
Because we all know what it was doing with them last night. 8-)
MrOtakuGamer6

Post by MrOtakuGamer6 »

jgbaxter wrote:
roughneckrecruit wrote:Also, I've noticed something that bothers me a little but its really simple and probably an easy fix, but I know nothing about modding, so...yeah.

iirc there's a mod for that, or at least it does that for weapons with modded slots.
Pretty sure that's still in the game. Although, I preordered so IDK.
roughneckrecruit

"Make weapons available" isn't an option. There's a button to make armor available, and utility items, but not weapons. It's not the biggest deal, but yeah, it would be convenient.
assvas

Post by assvas »

The reload feature from the carrier craft is a must .
Also the enemy guns from non robotic enemies should be taken back to base and not get destroyed (optional) .

Sorry about the topic creation while there is another place for it, just couldnt spot it when i've searched.

By the way , Facebook Friends mod is here for EW :

http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/78/?