Long War Perk Pack blocks game launch

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
boy_cad

Long War Perk Pack blocks game launch

Post by boy_cad »

Hello, excellent work. I was a big fan of 'Enemy Unknown'. Now, to the problems:

The "Play" button on the ModLauncher application should launch the game. But in some cases, the Long War Perk Pack installed (via NMM) and enabled (via ModLauncher) causes a generic windows error message, and the application crashes. Initializing via the Xcom2.exe launcher gives the same result.

It must be the LWPP. Once it is disabled or uninstalled, the game will initialize.

Ive tried quite a few simple and common fixes, such as deleting all .inis in the /config folder and troubleshooting with different mods activated or not. It seems to be a more involved problem. The Perk Pack is an excellent and very, very nice game development, and it is probably the most technically advanced and ambitious mod around for this game. Any suggestions about how coax a successfully launching and stable game out of this situation would be appreciated.

notes: -updated to Shen's Last Gift -System specs low but definitely sufficient -Ive also experienced crashes on new mission start, but that should be unrelated. -thanks.
boy_cad

Re: Long War Perk Pack blocks game launch

Post by boy_cad »

Dont you just hate it when...

One of those things; but my install had some problems, and Shen's Gift wasnt active. Its odd that LWPP was the only mod that blocked game launch, but there seems to have been a good reason. Does it have a dependency on the DLC, I wonder.

In any case, it looks like its in, for now, and Im forging ahead. tt