Perk Pack - All classes shouldn't be able to use shotguns

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
Hjarr

Perk Pack - All classes shouldn't be able to use shotguns

Post by Hjarr »

Xcom 2 has a much lower aim falloff for shotguns than XEW so they are usually just as accurate from range as rifles. 100% of my troops use shotties, I rarely (if ever) touch any other weapons since you can equip them on everyone. Shotguns should really be restricted to only Shinobi and Assault. There's a reason why you can't equip shotties on all troops in the base game.
Amineri

Re: Perk Pack - All classes shouldn't be able to use shotguns

Post by Amineri »

I agree that shotguns' aim falloff is too low to really make it much of a tradeoff. JL really like the concept of shotguns for most classes, though :)
DjAci

Post by DjAci »

Amineri wrote:I agree that shotguns' aim falloff is too low to really make it much of a tradeoff. JL really like the concept of shotguns for most classes, though :)
I also like the concept of multiple weapons for classes, but than (perhaps in the future) multiple weapins should be available (like battle and marskman rifles) Now it comes down to just shotgun and assault rifle so this dualistic concept is a bit weak imo. Sniper, cannon and shotug are clear upgrades of the assault rifle with vanilla stats and any class using an assault rifle should have a choice of multiple balanced weapons to compensate.
RXTXK

Post by RXTXK »

Given that the snapshot perk modifies the range penalties on the sniper rifle, could the other classes not have a base perk that increases the shotgun penalties at long range?
Sharien

Post by Sharien »

wouldnt it make more sense to just give the shotties larger aim penalties in general? shinobi and assault have their tools to get in close anyway and thats where the shotgun should be used