Spliting the Alien Pack

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
PixalV

Spliting the Alien Pack

Post by PixalV »

I have been attempting this all day, trying to get the split into seperate mods, First I am working on the drone, but I am just lost, the code is so different from vanilla in some places and I am just beyond confused by it, any ideas?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Spliting the Alien Pack

Post by johnnylump »

Hmm, can you be more specific? What have you been able to do so far? You'd need to break out specific config, content, loc, and src code. X2Character_AlienPack.uc is where the templates are initialized.
PixalV

Post by PixalV »

I have searched through all the files relating to the drone, and its weapons and abilities, and I get a failure to compile, with no apparent reason, I have got them all in the project

*EDIT*

Would sending my mod project be of any assistance
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Going through a project is probably beyond what I have time to take on right now. If it's not even compiling or giving errors then it's probably something fundamental in how you set the project itself up.

I should note that people can mod the pack themselves with a text editor to prevent or delay certain aliens from showing up.
PixalV

Post by PixalV »

would you mind telling me how to disable individual units, it seemed very different than vanilla
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

If you want to change alien stats, change when aliens appear, or eliminate them entirely from the mod, it's not too hard. Use a text editor like Notepad++ and find the mod's config files. For Workshop downloads, drill down to

... Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\268500\

which is where XCOM workshop mods are located.

For Nexus mods, go instead to

\Steam\SteamApps\common\XCOM 2\XComGame\Mods\LW_AlienPack\Config

Search for the AlienPack mod. Go to the config directory, and open up XComGamedata_CharacterStats.ini

(If it's all one blob of text, you are probably using Windows notepad. Download Notepad++ or a similar, better text editor.)

Each enemy's stats are present there, along with mods for each difficulty level.

Under each enemy's entry, you'll find three lines that look like this

+LeaderLevelSpawnWeights=(MinForceLevel=8, MaxForceLevel=14, SpawnWeight=19, MaxAlertSpawnWeight=24)
+FollowerLevelSpawnWeights=(MinForceLevel=12, MaxForceLevel=20, SpawnWeight=19, MaxAlertSpawnWeight=24)
+UntetheredLeaderLevelSpawnWeights=(MinForceLevel=12, MaxForceLevel=20, SpawnWeight=19, MaxAlertSpawnWeight=24)

ForceLevels in XCOM2 range from 1 to 20 and they slowly increase during the campaign. The entries above determine at what point in the campaign an enemy shows up. Raising these numbers will make it show up later. Raising it to 99 will make it not show up at all.

SpawnWeights involve the likelihood of the enemy showing up relative to other enemies.

So, for example, one could put the AdvGunnerM1 (the first of the three gunner variants) to first spawn as a leader at force level 4 and a follower at 8.) Or get rid of the Greater Archon (ArchonM2_LW) by setting its force levels all to 99.

Weapons can be modded in WeaponData files.

Alien/ADVENT colors for many units can be set in the file XComLW_AlienVariations.

IMPORTANT: After making changes, you should make backups copies of the files you have edited. Any changes you make will be overwritten by default settings if we update the mod. (Although updates may change the same files you have edited, so you may have to diff our changes against yours anyway.)