Problem Perks (Bug List)

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
RXTXK

Problem Perks (Bug List)

Post by RXTXK »

There are a few perks that don't seem to work properly, in case you guys are interested in the feed back they are:

Definitely broken:
Easy to reproduce bugs.

Savior: Heal more than the stated HP and seems to give multiple message in the combat log in the bottom right hand side of the screen, have seen it heal 19HP.
Volatile Mix: Does not add the +1 range mentioned in the description.
Ever Vigilant: Causes the pistol rather than the main weapon to be used.

Possibly broken:
Difficult to reproduce bugs.

Hit and Run: does not seem to reliably trigger on flanked enemies (confidence level that its truly broken 40%).
Lockdown: does not seem to apply the bonus damage or aim, have seen a 100aim gunner miss a stun lancer running the suppression (confidence level that is truly broken 80%).
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Problem Perks (Bug List)

Post by johnnylump »

We couldn't reproduce that Savior error but we've got a fix for what we think might cause it in the next update.
Volatile Mix is supposed to increase the AOE, not the "range" (how far it can be thrown).
Ever Vigilant: Think we've got a fix. You should be able to fix yourself by assigning it to the primary weapon in the ClassData.ini
Lockdown is definitely messed up and will be fixed in the next update.
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

Hey there, it's purely cosmetic, but the center mass perk is (at least for my rangers) a bit offset to the left in the soldier's ability list. I bet this is easy to repair.
RXTXK

Post by RXTXK »

Thanks for the reply
Sorry by range I mean't radius, which I think is the same as AOE.

Is volatile mix the same as vanilla? as I think the perk was changed by a patch in vanilla to remove the radius increase.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Hey there, it's purely cosmetic, but the center mass perk is (at least for my rangers) a bit offset to the left in the soldier's ability list. I bet this is easy to repair.
Actually it's remarkably difficult. We alerted Firaxis to this issue back in Februrary. For some reason the code is reading the word "Center" as an instruction.
DjAci

Post by DjAci »

johnnylump wrote:We couldn't reproduce that Savior error but we've got a fix for what we think might cause it in the next update.
Volatile Mix is supposed to increase the AOE, not the "range" (how far it can be thrown).
Ever Vigilant: Think we've got a fix. You should be able to fix yourself by assigning it to the primary weapon in the ClassData.ini
Lockdown is definitely messed up and will be fixed in the next update.
I can agree with all the bugs mentioned in this thread from my own experience.

As for the Savior bug, it's a problem. It seems to be the same bug that causes Collector and Scavenger perk from Leader pack to give too many rewards. It's like it's activated several times over. If the new fix works, be so kind as to include the fix for the leader pack as well.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

yes, we've applied the same fix to those perks as well, and will be updating LeaderPack once it is a bit better tested